Watch: Disability Policy for the 21st Century
The McCrery-Pomeroy SSDI Solutions Initiative recently hosted a breakfast and panel discussion on Disability Policy for the 21st Century.
A video of the event is below. The conversation covered recent legislative and administrative actions along with new proposals to improve disability policy in America.
The latest Social Security Trustees' report projects the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) trust fund will be able to pay full benefits until 2052, two decades later than previously projected. The recent improvements to the SSDI program's finances, coupled with strong labor markets, offer a rare opportunity to test or adopt new ideas to improve opportunities for workers with disabilities.
Featured speakers include:
- Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Chairman; Senate Finance Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Growth Subcommittee
- Rep. John Larson (D-CT) (by video), Chairman, House Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee
- Former Congressman Jim McCrery (R-LA), Co-Chair; SSDI Solutions Initiative
- Former Congressman Earl Pomeroy (D-ND), Co-Chair; SSDI Solutions Initiative
- Jason Fichtner, Johns Hopkins University
- David Stapleton, Independent Consultant
- T.J. Sutcliffe, House Committee on Ways and Means
- Jamie Wilson, Office of Management and Budget
- Marc Goldwein (Moderator), Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget