Disability Policy for the 21st Century
Strong labor markets and recent improvements to the finances of the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program offer a rare opportunity to test or adopt new ideas to improve opportunities for workers with disabilities.
The McCrery-Pomeroy SSDI Solutions Initiative hosted a conversation with some of the nation’s top disability experts and policymakers, including a conversation with Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA) and a video message from Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee Chairman John Larson (D-CT). The discussion focused on recent legislative and administrative actions along with new proposals to improve disability policy in America.
A video of the event is below. The conversation covered recent legislative and administrative actions along with new proposals to improve disability policy in America.
- Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Chairman; Senate Finance Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Growth Subcommittee
- Rep. John Larson (D-CT) (by video), Chairman; Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee
- Former Congressman Jim McCrery (R-LA), Co-Chair; SSDI Solutions Initiative
- Former Congressman Earl Pomeroy (D-ND), Co-Chair; SSDI Solutions Initiative
- Jason Fichtner, Johns Hopkins University
- David Stapleton, Independent Consultant
- T.J. Sutcliffe, House Committee on Ways and Means
- Jamie Wilson, Office of Management and Budget
- Marc Goldwein (Moderator), Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget