WATCH: What's Next for Social Security?
The Social Security Trustees released their latest projections and findings this week on the financial state of the program. On Friday, June 8, the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget hosted a discussion of the future of Social Security and the 2018 Trustees' report, featuring Representatives John Larson (D-CT) and Tom Rice (R-SC) of the Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee along with a bipartisan panel of experts.
You can watch the event on C-SPAN's website here.
Or, you can watch the event from Facebook Live below:
- Representative John Larson (D-CT), Ranking Member of the Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee
- Representative Tom Rice (R-SC), Member of the Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee
- Jason Fichtner, Mercatus Center
- Maya MacGuineas, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Kathleen Romig, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Moderator: Lisa Desjardins, PBS NewsHour