Romney Names Paul Ryan as His Running Mate
Governor Romney, on Saturday, announced that he was selecting House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) as his running mate.
Chairman Ryan has been a leader on the issue of debt reduction, tax reform, and entitlement reform for years; and we are hopefully that his addition to the ticket will help ensure that fixing the national debt will be a central issue in this campaign. This election needs to be about both sides presenting their best ideas to bring the debt under control, but also showing a willingness to compromise after the election on a bipartisan plan to replace the fiscal cliff with a credible, intelligent, gradual, and comprehensive plan to put the debt on a sustainable path.
As our readers continue to learn more about Congressman Ryan, we have compiled many of the past blogs, papers, and press releases which we've written about the Chairman and his plans.
- CRFB Reacts to Congressman Ryan's Budget
- Ryan Reprise: House Budget Committee Chairman Releases New Budget
- Tax Reform in the Ryan Budget
- Budget Process Reforms in the Ryan Budget
- The Ryan Budget in Long Term
- The House Republican Approach to the Sequester
- What They're Hiding: Gimmicks in the FY 2013 Budget Resolutions
- The 2013 Budget Process Moves Forward...Sort Of
- How is the House Replacing the Sequester?
- CRFB Reacts to the Paul Ryan Budget Proposal
- Paul Ryan Unveils FY 2012 Budget
- Health Care Changes In Paul Ryan's Plan
- CBO Releases Long-Term Analysis of Ryan's Proposal
- So Where Do the Savings Come From?
- House Passes Resolution To Set Spending At 2008 Levels
- Republican Study Committee FY 2012 Budget Released
- Senate Rejects Four Budgets
- CRFB Welcomes New Budget Proposals
- Ryan Releases Roadmap
- How Refreshing to Have a Plan With...Brace Yourself..Details!
- Debating Revenue Under Paul Ryan's "Roadmap For America's Future"
- Revisiting Revenue in Ryan's Roadmap
- Demagoguing 101: Social Security
- Bipartisan Health Plans
- CRFB Events
- Other Posts
- Paul Ryan Sets Spending Levels for FY 2011
- Reps. Cooper and Ryan Call for Medicare Transparency
- Ryan Joins Announcement Effect Club, and Rubin Comes So Close
- House Budget Committee Holds Hearing on "Lifting The Crushing Burden of Debt"
- House GOP Leadership Vows To Address Entitlement Spending
- Paper: 10 Themes Emerging From the New Debt Reduction Plans