Health Policy Analyst
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (Committee) is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization devoted to educating policymakers, the media and citizens about the fiscal challenges facing the country, as well as the possible solutions. The Committee is made up of some of the nation's leading budget experts including many of the past Chairmen and Directors of the Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Government Accountability Office.
The Health Policy Analyst will primarily work with the Director of Health Policy to help develop health care policy options by estimating potential savings, writing issue briefs, and participating in efforts to disseminate and socialize the options among policymakers. The Policy Analyst will also help the policy team conduct research and analysis, edit and fact check publications, and assist with some administrative tasks as requested.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player with a strong interest in national health policy, particularly as it intersects with federal budget policy.
- Perform analysis to support development of health policy options, analyze the potential effects of policy options, and estimate budgetary and other system savings
- Contribute to writing of policy papers, issue briefs, op-eds, background memos and blog posts
- Support policy staff by conducting research on various health policy topics
- Edit, proofread, and fact-check a variety of policy papers, blogs, memos and other materials
- Coordinate with project partners
- Evaluate academic literature, economic data, CMS data, relevant government reports, congressional proposals, and other organizational research
- Help staff coordinate public and private policy related events
- Perform various administrative duties
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in health policy, knowledge of budgetary policy and the legislative process, and familiarity with CBO cost estimates and related reports
- Proven quantitative, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment
- Strong writing and editing skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Excel’s graphing and data manipulation functions
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and writing sample no longer than six pages to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please write “Health Policy Analyst” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Salary and title commensurate with experience.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. The Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.