The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public about issues with significant fiscal policy impact. Our bipartisan leadership comprises some of the nation's leading budget experts, including many past heads of the House and Senate Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Government Accountability Office.
The Development Associate will assist the Director of Development in the creation and execution of systems to track, plan, and coordinate development outreach and engagement.
- Assist the Director of Development in the achievement of yearly fundraising attainment, cultivation, and discovery goals
- Manage tracking systems to ensure effective and efficient personalized communications, timely acknowledgement of gifts, cultivation strategy, and stewardship outreach
- Draft donor and stewardship correspondence
- Manage the foundation grant reporting process to ensure reports are comprehensive and completed in a timely fashion
- Oversee the planning and execution of development related events
- Manage a limited portfolio of major gift prospects
- Assist in pipeline development through research and discovery of major gift prospects
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 2 to 3 years of development experience, or other relevant experience
- Strong project management skills with a proven ability to achieve results and ability to prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
- Experience with donor research, discovery, and relationship building techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with an attention to detail
- Experience planning fundraising events ranging from large galas to small salon dinners
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 – Constant Contact or DonorPerfect experience is a plus
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When applying, please write “Development Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. The Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.