What’s Next For Social Security?
On June 8, 2018, the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget hosted a discussion on the future of Social Security and the 2018 Trustees report on the financial state of the program, featuring Representatives John Larson (D-CT) and Tom Rice (R-SC) of the Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee along with a bipartisan panel of experts.
- Representative John Larson (D-CT), Ranking Member of the Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee
- Representative Tom Rice (R-SC), Member of the Ways and Means Social Security Subcommittee
- Jason Fichtner, Mercatus Center
- Maya MacGuineas, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Kathleen Romig, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Moderator: Lisa Desjardins, PBS NewsHour
Watch Video of the Forum