The Moral Case for Addressing America's Fiscal Crises
On January 16, CRFB held a panel discussion, "The Moral Case for Addressing America's Fiscal Crises," that took a look at the moral dimensions to America's fiscal situation. Panelists discussed how our current fiscal path might affect the very poor and future generations, and what responsibility lawmakers have to both groups. The panelists also considered what role the faith community should provide, as a non-partisan voice that could elevate the debate to a higher purpose. The discussion was moderated by Rev. Dr. David Gray, a Senior Fellow at the New America Foundation, and featured the following panelists:
- Marc Goldwein, Committee for a Federal Responsible Budget
- Josh Good, Values and Capitalism Project, American Enterprise Institute
- Rev. John Allen Newman, Senior Pastor, The Sanctuary at Mt. Calvary Church
- Dr. Jay Richards, Distinguished Fellow, Institute for Faith, Work and Economics
- Mark Tooley, President, Institute for Religion and Democracy
Click here to read a recap of the event.