Defining Moments in Debt
On September 18, CRFB hosted "Defining Moments in Debt," a panel discussion at the Capitol Visitor Center about the many impending "fiscal speed bumps," approaching this fall. There was widespread agreement about the severity of the upcoming debt limit and potential shutdown, as well as the unsustainablity of the budget in the long term. The panel was moderated by CNNMoney writer Jeanne Sahadi, and featured:
- Jared Bernstein from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Diana Furchtgott-Roth from the Manhattan Institute
- Jim Kessler from Third Way
- Maya MacGuineas from CRFB
- Derrick Morgan from the Heritage Foundation
Click here to read our report on what we expect for the government funding negotiations.