Citizen Action Page - Activate
- Challenge lawmakers and candidates for office to do the Stabilize the Debt budget simulator and publicly share their results.
- Use the campaign season as an opportunity to spread awareness and promote constructive dialogue.
- Check out The 12 Principles for Fiscal Responsibility for the 2012 Campaign.
- Ask that candidates for office follow these guidelines.
- Keep abreast of how the presidential candidates would impact deficits and the debt through our U.S. Budget Watch project.
- Give presentations at meetings of local civic groups, below are PowerPoint presentations you can use.
- Share these YouTube videos from prominent experts and opinion leaders
- A Big Problem Requires a Go Big Approach
- An Economic Threat, but Also an Opportunity to Promote Growth
- Will We Have the Political Will?
- How to Go Big
- See many more videos on our YouTube page and share them.
- Be active on Twitter. Share information and news. Spark conversations. Follow us and help us spread the word.
- Be creative in using Facebook to engage your friends and groups. Like us on Facebook, help us share content and calls to action. Give us feedback and ideas for educating and engaging others.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper
- Get involved in grassroots efforts, below are a few examples
- Support CRFB’s work with a financial contribution.
Contact Congressional Leadership:
- Speaker of the House, John Boehner (R-OH)
- House Majority Leader, Eric Cantor (R-VA)
- House Minority Leader, Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
- House Minority Whip, Steny Hoyer (D-MD)
- Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (D-NV)
- Senate Majority Whip, Dick Durbin (D-IL)
- Senate Minority Leader, Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
- Senate Minority Whip, Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
Contact your Representative or Senator:
- Find your Representative
- See if your Representative supports a "Go Big" approach, If so, thank them. If not, ask them why not.
- Find your Senator
- See if your Senator supports a "Go Big" approach, If so, thank them. If not, ask them why not.
CRFB Social Media Resources [with icons]