Presidential Outreach Coordinator
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public about issues with significant fiscal policy impact. Our bipartisan leadership comprises some of the nation's leading budget experts, including many past heads of the House and Senate Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Government Accountability Office.
The Presidential Outreach Coordinator will work directly with the organization’s President and other senior staff members to assist in cultivating and managing relationships with other policy organizations, coalitions on Capitol Hill, thought leaders, business leaders, and the Board of Directors.
This job can be a part-time or full-time position.
- Helping manage organizational relationships with the policy community, Capitol Hill, thought leaders, business leaders, and the Board of Directors
- Building a database of hundreds of key relationships and experts and tracking communications with the organization’s VIPs
- Building lists of experts in a variety of different policy fields based on specific project work
- Managing communications with working groups in the policy community and on Capitol Hill
- Helping to build a communications memo for key stakeholders
- Working on special projects with the Board of Directors including co-chairs Leon Panetta, Mitch Daniels and Tim Penny
- Helping to build a coalition of outside supporters of community leaders, business experts and thought leaders
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- At least two to five years of work experience—or more, in a busy, interactive, fluid work environment—position can be more senior for someone with more experience
- An interest, if not an expertise, in fiscal policy
- Ability to think on your feet, problem solve, handle multiple responsibilities at once, and generally be organized in the midst of chaos
- Impeccable writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent people skills
- Creative communications and engagement skills
- Hill experience is a plus
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and writing sample no longer than six pages to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please write “Presidential Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. The Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.