Part-time Economic Researcher
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (Committee) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization devoted to educating policymakers, the media and citizens about the fiscal challenges facing the country, as well as the possible solutions. The Committee is made up of some of the nation's leading budget experts, including many of the past Chairmen and Directors of the Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, and the Government Accountability Office.
The Economic Researcher Position will provide research for the organization and its President on a variety of topics including but not limited to: fiscal policy, economic growth, inequality, technology, cryptocurrencies, and global competitiveness, to name a few. We are looking for an individual with excellent research and writing skills and the ability to work independently. This position will be part-time (10-25 hours per week) and the individual will work remotely.
- Research on a variety of economic and technology topics
- Evaluate academic literature, economic data, and relevant government reports
- Write summaries and draft articles
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent and thorough research capabilities
- A strong foundation in and understanding of economics
- The ability to summarize reports, papers etc. with strong writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, with a major in economics, public policy, or a related field preferred
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and writing sample no longer than six pages to email@example.com. When applying, please write “Part-time Economic Researcher” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Wages commensurate with experience.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. The Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.