The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public about issues that have significant fiscal policy impact. The Committee is made up of some of the nation's leading budget experts including many of the past Chairmen and Directors of the Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget and the Government Accountability Office.
The Legislative Associate will contribute to the organization’s legislative and policy efforts in the areas of federal budget, tax, health, Social Security, and economic policy. We are looking for a team player who has previous Hill experience as well as a strong commitment to advocating for responsible fiscal policies.
- Supporting the legislative team in maintaining working relationships with Congressional offices
- Tracking and summarizing hearings, floor action, and other legislative developments
- Assisting in the planning and executing of events including member and staff policy briefings
- Coordinating with policy team to disseminate policy papers, issue briefs, op-eds, background memos, and blog posts to the Hill
- Scheduling member and staff meetings
- Updating legislative database and trackers
- Providing administrative support to the legislative team and assisting with other organizational initiatives
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Prior Hill experience as junior staffer
- Some knowledge and strong desire to learn key economic policy, federal budget, tax, and entitlement issues before Congress
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced team environments
- Strong writing skills, especially the ability to communicate policy ideas and legislative proposals concisely and effectively
- Excel skills, particularly in managing lists
- Prior experience with Quorum a plus
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 1-3 years of experience in outreach, advocacy, coalition, legislative, or campaign work
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please write “Legislative Associate” in the subject line. Salary package is commensurate with experience.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive working environment. The Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status and other such factors in accordance with US state and federal laws.