Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is a bipartisan, non-profit organization committed to educating the public about issues that have significant fiscal policy impact. The Committee is made up of some of the nation's leading budget experts including many of the past Chairmen and Directors of the Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, the Government Accountability Office, and the Federal Reserve Board.
The Policy Analyst will contribute to the organization’s analysis of federal budget, tax, health, Social Security, and economic policy issues. We are looking for a team player interested in writing, researching, and publishing new content, analyzing new legislation and approaches to federal budget policy, and becoming part of a growing team of fiscal policy thought leaders.
- Lead and conduct fiscal policy research.
- Evaluate academic literature, economic data, and relevant government reports.
- Write policy papers, issue briefs, op-eds, background memos, and blog posts.
- Perform analysis of policy proposals and participate in new policy design efforts.
- Estimate and extrapolate various budgetary estimates.
- Assist media, external groups, and lawmakers on fiscal policy issues.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Prior knowledge and experience with fiscal policy, including familiarity with CBO documents.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of fiscal policy experience.
- Proven quantitative, analytical, and research skills.
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced team environments.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel’s graphing and data manipulation functions.
- Strong writing skills, especially the ability to communicate policy ideas and legislative proposals concisely and effectively to a diverse range of audiences.
- Background in health care policy is preferred by not required.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, with major in economics, public policy, or a related field preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and writing sample no longer than six pages to email@example.com. When applying, please write “Policy Analyst” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Salary and title commensurate with experience. Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is an equal opportunity employer.