Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget: CRFB is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization devoted to educating policymakers, the media and citizens about the fiscal challenges facing the country, as well as the possible solutions. CRFB is made up of some of the nation's leading budget experts including many of the past Chairmen and Directors of the Budget Committees, the Congressional Budget Office, the Office of Management and Budget, the Government Accountability Office, and the Federal Reserve Board. CRFB is home to a number of projects including the campaign to Fix the Debt, which is a coalition of business, civic, advocacy and community leaders who want to see elected officials step up to solve our nation’s fiscal challenges.
The Legislative Associate will contribute to the organization’s legislative efforts in the areas of federal budget, tax, health, Social Security, and economic policy. We are looking for a team player who has previous Hill experience as well as a strong commitment to advocating for responsible fiscal policies.
- Maintaining working relationships with Congressional offices;
- Tracking relevant legislative developments and Hill activities;
- Assisting in the planning of Member and staff policy briefings:
- Coordinating with policy team to disseminate policy papers, issue briefs, op-eds, background memos, and blog posts to the Hill;
- Developing materials for Hill audiences such as one-pagers and talking points; and
- Developing ways to increase presence on the Hill by seeking out opportunities to offer constructive policy solutions to key fiscal issues.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Prior Hill experience as a legislative assistant or committee staff, and relationships with Congressional leadership and relevant committees.
- Knowledge of key economic policy, federal budget, tax, and entitlement issues before Congress;
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced team environments;
- Strong writing skills, especially the ability to communicate policy ideas and legislative proposals concisely and effectively to members of Congress and their staff; and
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 2-3 years of experience in outreach, advocacy, coalition, legislative or campaign work.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. When applying, please write “Legislative Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Salary package is commensurate with experience. Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget is an equal opportunity employer.